Monday, July 6, 2009

Legacy

I think it's because I'm 42 years old that I am thinking of this.

Legacy.

What will I leave behind?

I am at a turning point in my life. My child is almost grown. I have yet to establish a proper 'career' (contract work for nigh on two decades now...never more than a year long...but the bills get paid....).

The ice caps are melting and the economy has tanked.

I have received many wonderful gifts from our world. A solid education. A love of learning. A desire to do well for the world.

But how best to pass that on?

Despite the well over a decade I've had of teaching (mostly post-secondary but also SK-12) I have yet to earn a formal post-secondary certification in the field. My thoughts at the moment are about actually applying to formally obtain the Bachelor of Education degree required to teach in the public schools in this province.

We all know what legacies our teachers leave us and I'm thinking, maybe this is the best course of action.

I am truly interested in passing on my passion for learning.

And if the cost of doing that is one more year of university tuition? So be it.

1 comment:

  1. Legacy at what cost? its one of those things that often carries a hefty price.

    ReplyDelete

These comments are basically unmoderated. Please do not contribute to the need for me to change that setting.