Sunday, October 16, 2011

#OccupyEarth Pledge


  1. I promise to actively pursue the creation of a local community council (representing 200-2000 people in my same geographical proximity...one building or one block or one suburban/rural area).   I also promise to serve as an actively engaged member for at least 3 years of my life (in flexible allotments/commitment times).  An upper maximum allowed to serve on council  might be for 10 or 15 years but only in 3 year consecutive allotments   Democratic process should  provide for the mechanisms to create and pay for this type of civic structure.  All of the numbers are arguable....the point is to engage the citizenry and make it easy to be heard.
  2. I promise to ensure that Zero Carbon Footprints should be embedded in policy.  At each and every level of government.  And, in your household - use carbon offsetting donations if you cannot go offgrid.
  3. I promise to share what I can and when I can:  money; food; time; resources.
  4. I promise to be emotionally available and actively listen.  I will actively pursue real (face to face) connections frequently.  The goal is daily (and very flexible).
  5. I will honour my body and it's need for healthy fresh food, rest, and exercise.  The goal is daily and also very flexible.

3 comments:

  1. Change and never too soon.
    Goodonya!
    Goodonus!
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please note anyone wishing to comment here, you need to hit post comment THREE TIMES for the captcha to appear.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. WWW: Thx and gosh darn it, I have no idea why there are comment challenges on this blog :(

    ReplyDelete

These comments are basically unmoderated. Please do not contribute to the need for me to change that setting.